A consortium comprised of Marubeni (project integrator), a University of Tokyo (technical advisor), Mitsubishi, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Japan Marine United, Mitsui Engineering Shipbuilding, Nippon Steel Sumitomo Metal, Hitachi, Furukawa Electric, Shimizu, and Mizuho Information Research, has been participating in an initial offshore floating breeze plantation plan sponsored by a Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry given Mar 2012.
Assembly works of a 7MW oil vigour drive-type breeze turbine, that is a world’s largest scale one, on a three-column semi-sub floater during Onahama pier has been successfully finished and smoothness of a floater to contrast area is going to start shortly as partial of a second term.
1. Outline of construction works in a second term:
– Assembly and environment of 7MW oil vigour drive-type and 5MW downwind-type floating
wind turbines, smoothness of a comforts to a contrast area, and tie to a undersea cable.
– Operation Maintenance of a facilities
– Data merger and analysis.
2. Work swell to date:
7MW oil vigour drive-type floating breeze turbine
– Preceding works i.e. designation of chains, anchors and undersea cables during a contrast area has been successfully completed.
– Delivery of a three-column semi-sub floater from Nagasaki to Onahama pier has been successfully completed.
– Installation of 7MW oil vigour drive-type floating breeze turbine on a floater during Onahama pier has been successfully completed.
5MW downwind-type floating breeze turbine
– Procurement of bondage and anchors, and prolongation of high-voltage riser wire have been successfully completed.
– Parts buying and construction of 5MW downwind-type floating breeze turbine is in progress.
3. Next Step
The following activities need to be finished to start operation of a energy facilities:
– Schedule will be altered depending on a meteorological and sea conditions
Source: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries