IFEC is an general tyro foe for innovation, conservation, and effective use of electrical energy, that is open to college and university tyro teams from famous engineering programs in any location.
The foe is sponsored by a Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Power Electronics Society (PELS), Power Energy Society (PES), Industry Application Society (IAS) and Power Sources Manufacturers Association (PSMA).
The idea of IFEC 2018 is to rise a high-efficiency high appetite firmness removed bidirectional DC-DC converter for residential appetite storage systems. Detailed specifications and mandate are listed in below.
- High-Efficiency and High Power Density Isolated Bidirctional DC-DC Converter for Residential Energy Storage Systems
- Low voltage side: Vlow(dc): 35~50V; Current sputter 3% @100%load (charging);
- High voltage side: Vhigh(dc): 400V; Voltage sputter 2% @100% bucket (discharging);
- Output power: Pout: 1kW
- Power density: 1.5 W/cm3
- Efficiency: (both charging and discharging modes) 96% @100% load; 94% @50% load; 92% @25% load;
Participation is on a offer basis. Those colleges that are meddlesome contingency contention a offer to a subject chair before a offer deadline. Each offer will be judged by a renowned row of proffer experts from academics and industry. Colleges with successful proposals will be told and competent for a rest of a competition. Deadline for any duration will be posted on a IFEC website. The superb teams will be invited to a foe eventuality in a summer of 2018.
There will be a Grand Prize of $10,000 and 3 additional awards postulated during $5,000, $3000 and $1,000 each.
- Each university can support usually one team.
- Each group should have during slightest 3 undergraduate tyro members. Up to dual connoisseur students could attend in any group as connoisseur advisors.
Final Competition Location:
- Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Deadlines and Proposal Submission Email Address:
- Proposal Deadline Oct. 15, 2017
- Please email a offer to IFEC2018@tsinghua.edu.cn
- Notification of Acceptance Dec. 15, 2017
- Workshop during APEC’2018 Mar. 4, 2018
- Notification of Finalist Apr. 15, 2018
- Final Competition July, 2018
Comment this news or article