New Company to be Established in Spring 2018 with Focus on Full-fledged Development of Hydrogen Recharging Station Network in Japan. Agreement sealed by 11 companies
As a outcome of discussions that began in May 2017, a following 11 companies have sealed an agreement to form a new association in a open of 2018, directed during a bone-fide growth of hydrogen recharging stations (HRS) for fuel dungeon vehicles (FCV): Toyota Motor Corporation, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Honda Motor Co., Ltd., JXTG Nippon Oil Energy Corporation, Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd., Iwatani Corporation, Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd., Toho Gas Co., Ltd., Air Liquide Japan Ltd., Toyota Tsusho Corporation, and Development Bank of Japan Inc.
The new association will be determined to accelerate Japan’s hydrogen initiative―which is driven especially by these 11 companies―toward a feat of Japan’s common aim common by a supervision and industries per a growth of hydrogen recharging stations. According to a “Strategic Road Map for Hydrogen and Fuel Cells” (revised Mar 22, 2016) expelled by a Council for a Strategy for Hydrogen and Fuel Cells, an attention physique orderly by a Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) of Japan, in a initial proviso of compelling fuel dungeon vehicles powered by hydrogen, a aim invasion is 160 stations and 40,000 fuel dungeon vehicles by FY 2020.
The design of a new association is to raise a partnership among infrastructure developers, automakers, and financial institutions in sequence to concurrently accelerate and scale adult Japan’s deployment of HRS and FCV.
The new association will take on a following specific initiatives:
1. Strategic deployment of hydrogen recharging stations
- The association will aim to finish a goal in 10 years. During a initial 4 years in Phase 1, a new association intends to aim a construction of 80 new stations. To grasp this target, new member companies, fluctuating over a stream member companies, will be invited to participate.
- The new association will, while holding into comment subsidies from a inhabitant supervision and initiatives of internal governments, rise a possess strange “Hydrogen Recharging Station Deployment Plan,” in sequence to emanate an sourroundings in that many users can suffer pushing fuel dungeon vehicles in Japan.
2. Contribution to fit hydrogen hire operation
By collecting and utilizing information per a construction and operation of hydrogen recharging stations by infrastructure developers, that will manage operations of hydrogen recharging stations, a new company, that will muster and possess stations nationwide, will minister to fit operations and other highway map objectives in a following ways:
- Improvement of preference for FCV users – In sequence to inspire business to use hydrogen, a new association will urge a preference of stations, coordinating with a Association of Hydrogen Supply and Utilization Technology (HySUT), that has already begun actively expanding a market, for instance by fluctuating a series of use days per week to accommodate increasing demand.
- Cost rebate and law examination – The new association will combine with outmost organizations, such as a Fuel Cell Commercialization Conference of Japan (FCCJ) and HySUT, to revoke cost by addressing issues such as a standardization of apparatus and rider of regulations.
To lift out these actions, member companies will play a following pivotal roles:
- Infrastructure developers will deposit in and erect hydrogen recharging stations, and work them, on interest of a new company;
- Automakers will minister financially to a operations of a new association in sequence to well muster hydrogen recharging stations, urge preference for users, and boost open awareness, while also essay for aloft invasion of fuel dungeon vehicles during Phase 1;
- Financial institutions will partially cover HRS deployment costs by investments. By providing a supports required until a HRS business becomes commercially sustainable, financial institutions will assistance revoke a financial weight borne by infrastructure developers during Phase 1 and will assistance attract new participants.
The new association will aim to find wider appearance by HRS-operating companies and investors, to grasp a tolerable HRS business and FCV invasion as quickly as possible, so contributing to a origination of a bone-fide hydrogen multitude in Japan.
Signing companies and their roles
- Infrastructure developers: JXTG Nippon Oil Energy Corporation, Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd., Iwatani Corporation, Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd., Toho Gas Co., Ltd., Air Liquide Japan Ltd.
- Automakers: Toyota Motor Corporation, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
- Financial institutions: Toyota Tsusho Corporation, Development Bank of Japan Inc.
Comment this news or article