Operation Ginger: Indian Army’s surgical strikes in 2011 killed 8 Pakistani soldiers

330 views Leave a comment

New Delhi: A lethal surgical strike by a Indian Army in Pakistani domain in 2011 left during slightest 8 Pakistani soldiers dead, with 3 of them decapitated, a news published on Sunday said.

Details per a tit-for-tat conflict that took place in a summer of 2011 have come out amid heightened India-Pakistan tensions noted by an Indian surgical strike on 29 September.

Representational image. PTIRepresentational image. PTI

Representational image. PTI

The Hindu journal citing trusted central documents, video and detailed evidences pronounced India and Pakistan carried out “two of a bloodiest cross-border surgical strikes” murdering 13 soldiers.

Five of a slain soldiers were decapitated. The Pakistani soldiers took divided a heads of dual Indian soldiers and left behind a third badly bleeding who died in hospital, a daily said.

In a punish attack, Indian soldiers brought behind heads of 3 Pakistani soldiers, The Hindu said.

Major General (retired) SK Chakravorty, who designed and executed a operation as a arch of Kupwara-based 28 Division, reliable a Indian raid though refused to plead details.

According to a newspaper, Pakistani raiders struck a remote army post in Gugaldhar in Kupwara district in Jammu and Kashmir on 30 July, 2011.

The enemy returned with a heads of Havildar Jaipal Singh Adhikari and Lance Naik Devender Singh of 20 Kumaon. A infantryman of a 19 Rajput, who reported a attack, died in a hospital.

In revenge, a Indian Army designed “Operation Ginger” – which, a daily said, incited out to be one of a deadliest cross-border raids opposite a LoC.

The Indian operation was designed to precision. Seven reconnoitering – earthy and atmosphere notice mounted on UAV – missions were carried out to brand exposed Pakistani army posts.

The goal was finalised to open an waylay on Police Chowki to inflict limit casualty.

Finally, a Indian infantry launched a growth operation on 30 August, 2011.

About 25 soldiers, especially Para Commandos, crossed a LoC stealthily. They planted claymore mines around a strike area.

Four Pakistani soldiers, led by a Junior Commissioned Officer, walked into a ambush. Mines were detonated, grenades lobbed and they were dismissed at.

One Pakistani infantryman fell into a tide that ran below. Indian soldiers chopped off a heads of a other 3 passed soldiers and also took divided their arrange insignias, weapons and other personal items.

The commandos afterwards planted vigour IED’s underneath one of a bodies, primed to raze when anyone attempted to lift it.

Two some-more Pakistani soldiers rushed in after conference a explosions. They were killed by a second Indian organisation watchful nearby a waylay site.

Two other Pakistani army organisation attempted to trap a second team. But a third Indian organisation covering them killed a Pakistanis, a daily said.

While a Indian soldiers were retreating, another organisation of Pakistani soldiers were speckled relocating towards a waylay site. Soon they listened shrill blasts, indicating a secluded IEDs had exploded, a news said.

According to Indian assessment, during slightest dual to 3 some-more Pakistani soldiers were fatally harmed in that blast.

The operation lasted for about 45 mins and a Indians headed behind opposite a LoC, carrying a heads of Subedar Parvez, Havildar Aftab and Naik Imran.

The severed heads were photographed and buried. Two days later, one of a comparison many Generals in a authority incited adult and systematic a heads to be dug up, burnt and a remains strewn into Kishenganga river.

This was finished to do divided with all DNA traces, a daily said.