Colombo: Statistical highlights on a fifth and final day of a third cricket Test between India and Sri Lanka in Colombo on Tuesday.
– After 22 years, India have won a Test array (2-1) vs Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka – their usually prior array win opposite them in Sri Lanka was by 1-0 in 1993.
– For a initial time, India have won dual unbroken Tests vs Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka – by 278 runs during Colombo (PSS) and by 117 runs during Colombo (SSC) -both in a usually resolved series.
– For a initial time, India have won an abroad Test array after trailing behind – losing a Galle Test by 63 runs and winning a subsequent dual (as above).
– In all India have won 3 Test rubbers after trailing a array – a initial dual being a 1972-73 five-Test array vs England in India and 2000-01 three-Test array vs Australia in India.
– For a fifth time, incompatible Zimbabwe and Bangladesh, India have won dual Tests in an abroad series.
– For a second time, India have prisoner all 60 wickets in a three-Test array -= a initial instance being vs New Zealand in India in 1988-89.
– The Indian spinners have prisoner 37 wickets, emulating an Indian record by spinners in an abroad array of 3 Tests – a initial instance being vs England in England in 1971.
– Sri Lanka have won dual and mislaid 4 out of 6 Tests played this year in Sri Lanka – a many they have mislaid in Sri Lanka in a calendar year.
– Sri Lanka have mislaid dual home array in 2015 – vs Pakistan and vs India. a final and a usually instance when they mislaid dual home array was in 1993 – to South Africa and India.
– Ishant Sharma is a 8 Indian bowler and a fourth speedster after Kapil Dev (434), Zaheer Khan (311) and Javagal Srinath (236) to finish 200 wickets or some-more in Tests.
– Ishant’s total of 8 for 86 are his third best in a Test compare subsequent usually to a 10 for 108 vs West Indies during Bridgetown in 2011 and 9 for 162 vs New Zealand during Auckland in in 2013-14. However, his latest total are his best in Indian wins.
– Cheteshwar Pujara’s third MoM endowment in Tests is his initial vs Sri Lanka.This is his initial MOM endowment divided from home – a initial dual being vs England during Ahmedabad in 2012-13 and vs Australia during Hyderabad in 2012-13.
– Pujara has purebred 5 hundreds in a winning means – his normal in a winning means in Tests being 78.41 while scoring 1333 runs in 22 innings – a best among a Indians with during slightest 1,000 runs in Tests
– Ravichandran Ashwin has prisoner 21 wickets during an normal of 18.09 – his best in an divided series. He has finished as a heading wicket-taker in a series.
– Ashwin’s above total is an Indian record vs Sri Lanka in a Test series, leading Anil Kumble’s 20 (ave.18.70 in 3 Tests in 2005-06 in India.
– Ashwin has been adjudged a Player of a Series for a fourth time in Tests.
– Angelo Mathews (110) has purebred his seventh hundred in Tests – his second vs India. His initial century opposite India was 102 during Colombo (PSS) in a final Test.
– For a second time, Mathews has available centuries in unbroken Tests – a initial instance being 102 during Lord’s and 160 during Leeds – both vs England final year.
– Mathews has posted a hundred in a fourth innings of a Test compare for a initial time. He is a usually Sri Lankan skipper to finish on a losing side notwithstanding a hundred in a fourth innings – a 13th in all in Test annals.
– Mathews is a fourth Sri Lankan captain after Kumar Sangakkara (130 not out vs Pakistan during Colombo, SSC in 2009), Duleep Mendis (124 vs India during Kandy in 1985-86 and Mahela Jayawardene (123 vs South Africa during Colombo, PSS in 2006) to measure a hundred in a fourth innings of a Test match.
– Mathews is averaging 75.71 in a fourth innings – his total being 530 in 13 innings – a third top among a players with atleast 500 runs subsequent usually to a 89.85 by Bruce Mitchell (South Africa) and 86.33 by Jeffrey Stollmeyer
– In 7 Tests this year, Mathews has managed 631 runs (ave.48.53), including 3 centuries and dual fifties. His total and centuries are a many by a Sri Lankan batsman this year in Tests. No other captain has available 3 centuries this year in Tests.
– Mathews stays a usually batsman to assemble 300 runs in a array – his total being 339 in 6 innings during an normal of 56.50, including dual hundreds.
– For a second time in a Test series, Mathews strike dual hundreds – a initial instance being vs England in 2014.
– Kusal Perera (55 70) is a third wicketkeeper to register dual fifty-plus innings on Test entrance – a initial dual being India’s Dilawar Hussain – 59 57 vs England during Kolkata in Jan 1934 and Sri Lanka’s Dinesh Chandimal – 58 54 vs South Africa during Durban in Dec 2011.