Hamsters are some of the cutest critters out there. In my opinion, there’s really nothing not to love about them. But let’s break it down logically: domestic rats are precious, but some people don’t like them because they’re too big, and their tails are creepy. So what about mice? They’re smaller, so that’s fixed, but they’ve still got the tails that weird a lot of people out. So, what’s left? The hamster! Bonus points for usually being pretty chubby and fluffy, too.
Still not convinced? Here are 30 of them that are determined to change your mind.
1. Oh! Hello there, little ham ham!
2. So round.
3. Very fluff.
4. Much squish.
5. It’s really difficult to find a bad picture of a hamster.
6. Just try.
7. I dare you.
8. You think I’m kidding?
9. This adorableness is no laughing matter.
10. I really searched long and hard!
11. Dat nose, though.
12. My, what big eyes you have!
13. And can we talk about those ears?
14. They’re always looking for more snacks, which makes me feel a little better about myself.
15. In fact, they’re so serious about snacking, they’re on par with the pros.
16. Sometimes they look in the wrong places…but it’s still adorable.
17. Nope…not food.
18. They eventually find what they’re looking for, though.
19. He’s like a tiny kangaroo.
20. Grey is very in right now!
21. This one wasn’t expecting dinner guests.
22. And this little guy thinks he’s a citrus fruit.
23. “I challenge you to a grape-eating contest!” Spoiler alert: she’ll win.
24. Someone might need to watch all of that snacking…
25. This little cotton ball would prefer it if you at least turned the flash off if you’re going to point that lens at her.
26. “Hey bud! I’m coming dow-OOF.”
27. Hold on…have you seen a hamster with blue eyes before? This is too much.
28. How can a living thing be such a perfect marshmallow?
29. Shake it off, you got it.
30. …Whatever you gotta do to pass the time, little guy.
Are you on Team Hamster yet? After that hot dog eating GIF, I don’t know how you couldn’t be. But I have to remind you that just because they live in a cage with a bowl of food doesn’t mean that they can be neglected, should you decide you want one for your family. They’re a pet, just like any other! And they need exercise, attention, and love, too.