The Ig Nobel Prizes are a parody of the Nobel Prizes and are given any year for 10 surprising achievements in systematic research.
The settled aim of a prizes is to “honor achievements that initial make people laugh, and afterwards make them think”.
The awards are infrequently a satire, though are also used to indicate out that even a many absurd-sounding avenues of investigate can produce useful knowledge.
These awards are mostly given by tangible Nobel laureates during a rite hold each year during Harvard University.
The rite itself is really funny, do check a videos of past ceremonies accessible on their website.
Here are a tip 10 patents for that Ignoble has been awarded.
1. Award in a difficulty VISIONARY TECHNOLOGY was awarded to Jay Schiffman of Michigan in 1993 for inventing AutoVision.
which is fundamentally an picture projection device that creates it probable to expostulate a automobile and watch radio during a same time. It is always good to get some party while driving. The esteem was also awarded to a Michigan state legislature for creation AutoVision legal.
2. Managed Health Care esteem was awarded posthumously to George and Charlotte Blonsky in 1999 for conceiving an apparatus for Facilitating Birth of a Child by Centrifugal Force.
3. In 1999, Ignoble in a PEACE difficulty was awarded to Charl Fourie and Michelle Wong of South Africa, “for inventing an automobile criminal alarm consisting of a showing circuit to detect a criminal and then activating a flamethrower to bake a burglar.
4. Despite a warning “Don’t re-invent a wheel”, people continue to do so. In 2001, John Keogh from Australia filed a obvious for a circle and the Australian Patent Office surprisingly postulated a Innovation Patent to him. So, a degrading was awarded jointly to John and to the Australian Patent Office in 2001.
5. In 2004, a ENGINEERING esteem was awarded to Donald J. Smith and his father, a late Frank J. Smith, of USA, for patenting a process of concealing prejudiced baldness.
6. In 2005, medicine esteem was awarded to Gregg A. Miller of USA for inventing Neuticles. They are synthetic deputy testicles for dogs. Miller believes dogs psychologically and emotionally need their testicles, either or not a sex organ is producing any testosterone.
7. The economics esteem in 2007 was awarded to Kuo Cheng Hsieh from Taiwan, for patenting a device that catches bank robbers by dropping a net over them.
8. The CHEMISTRY PRIZE was awarded to a organisation of Japanese researchers in 2009. They invented and law a wasabi alarm, that sprays airborne wasabi to incite sleeping people in box of a glow or other emergency.
9. Ignoble in PUBLIC HEALTH difficulty was awarded to Elena N. Bodnar, Raphael C. Lee, and Sandra Marijan of USA in 2009, for inventing a bra that could be converted in One or More Facemasks when required.
10. In 2013, a SAFETY ENGINEERING PRIZE awarded to late Gustano Pizzo from USA for inventing an electro-mechanical complement to trap aeroplane hijackers. The complement drops a hijacker by trap doors, seals him into a package, afterwards drops a encapsulated hijacker by a airplane’s specially-installed explosve brook doors. The hijacker afterwards parachutes to earth, where police, carrying been alerted by radio, wait his arrival.