The human body is a strange, wondrous thing, but do we really use our bodies to their fullest potential?
I mean, think about it. Plenty of us run ourselves ragged, survive on coffee, and regularly become totally consumed by stress. This can really take a toll when it comes to sleeping, eating right, and maintaining focus.
If this sounds like you, here are a few body hacks that you definitely need to add to your arsenal!
1. Falling asleep right after you study will help you retain more information.
2. Putting your tongue on the roof of your mouth will get rid of brain freeze.
3. Sleep on your left side to reduce the not-so-nice sensation of heartburn at bedtime.
4. Scratching your ear can relieve an itchy throat, since stimulating the nerves in your ears can cause your throat to twitch a bit.
5. Wearing socks while you sleep has been shown to improve sleep quality.
6. If you really want someone to take in what you’re saying, speak into their right ear. That goes directly to the processing center in the brain.
7. Strike a power pose when you want a quick confidence boost. This is great to use before job interviews!
8. Saying a few four-letter words when you stub your toe has been shown to reduce pain.
9. If you’re making a long-haul flight, change your eating schedule to that of your destination a few days before takeoff to get your body adjusted.
10. Coughing while getting an injection can make it hurt less.
11. Feeling nauseous? Press between the two tendons in your wrist for 30 seconds.
12. If you need to hold your breath longer, hyperventilate a bit before inhaling one more time and diving in!
13. If you feel pain in your side when you run, train yourself to exhale when your left foot strikes the ground. This will take pressure off your liver.
14. Stretch to improve your long-distance vision. If you work on a computer all day, periodically close your eyes and stretch major muscles. This will encourage muscles around your eyes to relax as well. Constant strain is linked to near-sightedness.
15. Wake up a sleeping arm by tilting your head from side to side. This loosens up neck muscles, which will help that pins-and-needles feeling go away faster.
So what are you waiting for? Strike a power pose and take on the day!