On Sept. 15, 2016, 48 teams intent in a initial matchday of UEFA Europa League’s organisation stage. Eight games finished with a draw. However, 16 other teams won opposite their opponents, creation their approach to a knockout phase.
Matchday 1 Highlights
- Zenit Petersburg managed to overturn a score. Maccabi Tel Aviv was 14 mins divided from winning 3-0, however, a Russians won 4-3, during a Netanya Municipal Stadium.
- Feyenoord degraded Manchester United 1-0, during a Feyenoord Stadium. This was a British’s entrance coming in a UEFA Europa League.
- Hapoel Beer Sheva won 2-0 opposite Inter Milan during a San Siro Stadium, receiving a startling feat as a Italians were deliberate a favorites.
- Eight players perceived red cards in a initial matchday of UEFA Europa League’s organisation stage. More than 90 took a yellow one.
- Colley (Genk) and Santos (Gabala) contributed to their teams’ detriment as they scored on their own goal.
- Medunjanin (Maccabi Tel Aviv), Austin (Southampton), and Bailey (Genk) scored twice in their initial matches of UEFA Europa League’s organisation stage.
- Five players succeeded to measure from chastisement kicks. However, Klaassen (Ajax) missed his possibility in a shots lottery.
All a Results of Matchday 1
- Qarabag 2-2 Liberec
- Anderlecht 3-1 Gabala
- APOEL 2-1 FC Astana
- Astra 2-3 Austria Vienna
- AZ Alkmaar 1-1 Dundalk
- Feyenoord 1-0 Manchester United
- Maccabi Tel Aviv 3-4 Zenit Petersburg
- Mainz 1-1 St. Etienne
- Plzen 1-1 AS Roma
- Rapid Vienna 3-2 Genk
- Sassuolo 3-0 Athletic Bilbao
- Young Boys 0-1 Olympiakos Piraeus
- Zorya 1-1 Fenerbahce
- Braga 1-1 Gent
- Inter 0-2 H. Beer Sheva
- Konyaspor 0-1 Shakhtar Donetsk
- Nice 0-1 Schalke
- Osmanlispor 2-0 FC Steaua Bucharest
- Panathinaikos 1-2 Ajax
- PAOK 0-0 Fiorentina
- Salzburg 0-1 Krasnodar
- Southampton 3-0 Sparta Prague
- St. Liege 1-1 Celta Vigo
- Villareal 2-1 Zurich
The 48 teams competed for a mark in a final of a UEFA Europa League, that will take place on May 24, 2017, during a Friends Arena in Solna, in Sweden. The games of a second matchday of a Europa League’s organisation theatre are scheduled for Sept. 29, 2016.
Written by Bianca-Ramona Dumitru
Edited by Jeanette Smith
UEFA: UEFA Europa League latest
Image Courtesy of Amil Delic’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License
16 Teams Won in a First Matchday of Europa League combined by Bianca-Ramona Dumitru on Sep 15, 2016
View all posts by Bianca-Ramona Dumitru →