On Sept. 14, 2016, 6 victories and 3 draws finished a initial matchday of a UEFA Champions League (UCL) organisation stage. Eight games were scheduled, though a one deferred a day before, due to torrential rain, took place on Sep 14.
Legia Warsaw 0-6 Borussia Dortmund
Borussia Dortmund won 6-0 opposite Legia Warsaw, during a Polish Army Stadium. Thus, environment a organisation as one of a favorites to validate for a knockout proviso from Group D. Six opposite players scored for a team’s victory; Gotze, Papastathopoulos, Bartra, Guerreiro, Castro, and Aubameyang.
Manchester City 4-0 Borussia Monchengladbach
The compare between Manchester City and Borussia Monchengladbach took place on Sep 14, although, it was scheduled to occur a day before. The inclement continue caused a officials to postpone it. However, it seemed that a organisation coached by Pep Guardiola was not influenced by a rescheduling. The British won 4-0 opposite Borussia Monchengladbach during a Etihad Stadium.
Matchday 1 Highlights
- 16 goals were scored in a initial halves of a 9 games during a second matchday of a 2016 UCL’s organisation stage.
- Jan Gregus (FC Copenhagen) was a usually actor who perceived a red card.
- Riyad Mahrez (Leicester FC) scored twice, while Sergio Aguero (Manchester City) put a round in a net 3 times. Moreover, both Mahrez and Aguero scored with dual chastisement kicks during a second matchday of a European competition.
All a Results of Matchday 1
- Club Brugge 0-3 Leicester
- FC Porto 1-1 FC Copenhagen
- Juventus 0-0 Sevilla
- Legia Warsaw 0-6 Borussia Dortmund
- Leverkusen 2-2 CSKA Moscow
- Tottenham 1-2 Monaco
- Real Madrid 2-1 Sporting Lisbon
- Lyon 3-0 Dinamo Zagreb
- Manchester City 4-0 Borussia Monchengladbach
The subsequent theatre of a UEFA Champions League organisation proviso will take place on Sept. 27 and 28, 2016. The 32 teams will contest for a autarchic European trophy. The 2016 UCL’s final will take place on Jun 3, 2017, during a Millennium Stadium, in Cardiff, Wales.
Written by Bianca-Ramona Dumitru
Edited by Jeanette Smith
UEFA: UEFA Champions League latest
Image Courtesy of Jan S0L0’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License
6 Victories and 3 Draws Completed Matchday 1 of UCL’s Group Stage combined by Bianca-Ramona Dumitru on Sep 14, 2016
View all posts by Bianca-Ramona Dumitru →