Paris: AFP Sports takes a demeanour behind during some of a best quotes from a Euro 2016 organisation stage:
“Iceland didn’t try nothing, they only defend, defend, defend, they had dual chances and scored a goal, it was a propitious night for them. We’re frustrated, they didn’t try and play. It’s because we consider they will do zero here. In my opinion, it’s a tiny mentality.”
– Cristiano Ronaldo lashes out during Iceland’s defensive proceed after a 1-1 pull in their opening Group F match
“He’s a illusory footballer, though he’s not a friendly tellurian being and a thing is we roughly nicked a win, so him observant we weren’t going for a win contradicts that.”
– Iceland’s Kari Arnason hits behind during Ronaldo’s claims
“I wish Puma does not furnish condoms.”
– Xherdan Shaqiri after 4 Switzerland players’ shirts ripped during a 0-0 pull with France
“I trust 80 percent of we (journalists) and me as well, infrequently blemish your nuts from time to time.”
– Lukas Podolski defends Joachim Loew after a Germany manager was held scratching his genitals by radio cameras
“I consider we’ve got a lot some-more passion and honour about us than them. We’ll really uncover that on a day. They large themselves adult before they’ve finished anything, so we’re going to go there and we trust we can kick them.”
– Gareth Bale on England
“So that’s football. Sometimes you’re a dog, infrequently you’re a tree. That’s partial of a business.”
– Germany’s Mario Goetze on critique of his performances during Euro 2016, dual years after his idea won a 2014 World Cup final.
“I would theory we will change a inhabitant holiday. It’s routinely on Jun 17, though they will substantially change it now.”
– Iceland’s corner manager Heimir Hallgrimsson after their ancestral 2-1 win over Austria sent a nation into a final 16.
“The fable can still deliver.”
– Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic before a tournament. His group crashed out with only a singular indicate as he called time on his general career.
“This is not a travel fighting championship, this is football.”
– Russia’s Artem Dzyuba on a assault before his side’s strife with England.
“He’s fine. We sealed him adult about 25 mins ago. He’s caged in during this minute, as his brave gets longer, and uglier. But he’s good. He’s a werewolf of Manchester.”
– Republic of Ireland manager Martin O’Neill on his partner and Manchester United fable Roy Keane.